At North Grenville Curling Club, we are committed to collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information responsibly and to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of such personal information.
Personal information includes information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your address, telephone number and email address. However, publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address and telephone number is not considered personal information.
In this policy:
- “Business” means the business of operating the North Grenville Curling Club which includes the Web site;
- “Membership” means a membership in the North Grenville Curling Club;
- “we”, “us”, “our” and the “Club” refer to the North Grenville Curling Club, located at 200 Rueben Crescent, Kemptville, Ontario; and
- “Web site” refers to the web site found at www.ngcurling.ca.
Collection of Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you and about you is to ensure the provision of high quality products and/or services. We only collect personal information from and about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose and to permit us to conduct the Business diligently.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect from and about you to:
- Ensure the provision of high quality products and/or services;
- Inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, updates and events (including expiry and renewal of your Membership);
- Enable us to contact you;
- Establish and maintain communication with you;
- Assist us in complying with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Invoice you for products and/or services;
- Collect unpaid accounts; and/or
- Enable a corporate re-organization, a merger, or acquisition with another entity or a sale of the Business.
We may also use your personal information as may be described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your personal information for errors and omissions and for accuracy. If you choose to provide us with your financial information, we may use your address and financial information to bill you and to provide associated support. We may use personal information about you, in a non-personally identifiable manner, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse Memberships, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize your Web site’s content, layout, and services. These uses are to enable us to improve the Business and to better tailor the Business to meet your needs.
Disclosure of Personal Information
As a matter of policy, we do not sell, rent, or lease any of your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent. However, there are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some of your personal information, including the following:
- We may disclose your personal information to an individual who, in our reasonable judgement, is seeking the information as your agent. For example, we may provide your personal information to your legal representative if we are satisfied that the individual is requesting the information on our behalf;
- We may disclose your personal information as may be required by law; and/or
- We may aggregate personal information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes.
Access, Review, Change and destruction of Your Personal Information
You may access, review and/or change the personal information we have in our files online through the secure Member Portal on the Web site and/or by submitting a written request to do so to our Privacy Information Office at the address below. We ask that you promptly advise us of any changes to your information.
Upon your written request, we will destroy, as soon as reasonably possible and in accordance with our internal policies and applicable law, any and all personal information that we have in our files about you. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain in our files some personal information in order to enable us to collect any unpaid accounts and/or as may be required by law.
Other Information Collectors
Protecting Your Privacy
The personal information that is retained by us is kept in a secure environment and we use reasonable procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access or disclosure. While we employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company, we cannot ensure perfect security, particularly in relation to the Web site.
Amendments to This Policy
Privacy Information Officer, Access, Questions, or Concerns
The Privacy Information Officer for the Club is Linda Morrison.
If you wish to access, review and/or change your personal information contained in our files or if you have any questions or concerns about our privacy principles outlines above or about our practices, please contact us at:
North Grenville Curling Club
200 Rueben Crescent, P.O. Box 1436
Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0